- IACUCS, Semiannual Inspections
- Protocols, Comply
- Research Animal Compliance Tips
- Expired Drugs
- UW-4129, Post Approval Monitoring (PAM)
RARC's animal program assessment specialists help investigators stay in compliance with animal research regulations, policies and guidelines, providing assistance with:
Regulations, policies and guidelines require investigators to follow their approved animal-use protocol when conducting procedures on animals. Assessment specialists help you maintain compliance and avoid protocol drift.
We provide resources and guidance and conduct mock inspections of animal-use areas to help ensure labs are prepared for IACUC, USDA, AAALAC and DEA inspections.
- Our IACUC Inspection Guides will help you to prepare for inspections in aquatics, facility, farm, lab, surgery, transport vehicle, and imaging.
We help ensure that health, anesthesia, surgery, post-surgical care, controlled substance, housing, husbandry, and other required records meet requirements.
- Learn about USDA-covered and non-USDA-covered species' medical record requirements and get record-keeping templates.
- Learn about controlled substance record requirements.
We can help your lab write effective standard operating procedures for research animal use, e.g. preparing a lab area for animal surgery, maintaining an animal procedure area, proper storage and maintenance of animal medical materials, and more.
We can help you to apply for and maintain your DEA registration and special use authorization (SUA). Please see the most up-to-date information on our controlled substances webpage.
We assess the congruence between your federal grant (e.g. NIH, NSF) and your approved protocol so that your funds can be released. Learn about grant-protocol congruence.